I am tired of buying things. Really, really tired of it.
I'm good at buying them. When I get something, it almost always ends up being useful and long-lasting. This is why I prefer buying things for myself to receiving them as gifts.
But I'm so sick of buying things for myself. I'm sick of spending the money, and I'm sick of burning Amazon's logo into my retinas. So, who wants to get/give/procure me some things that I need?
- kitchen knives. preferably a couple, in different sizes, but not a set with 20 knives. Who really needs that many knives?
- a rug. 8x10. they're expensive, and obviously I'd love to have some input into the selection, but a clean rug that looks decent will do.
- wall tapestry/covering(s). there's a pointless door in my apartment that should be hidden. additionally, there's a circuit breaker panel in the kitchen that could stand to be covered as well.
- little table. maybe i could put it in the middle of my room and set my laptop on it?
- lounge-chair-type thing? I'm not really sure where I'd put it, but if I had one, I'd find a spot for it. So that visitors would have somewhere to sit other than on my bed, which is awkward, right?
If you're asking yourself why I posted this, let's be honest: it was an exercise in honesty. And in determining if anyone, including myself, ever bothers with this blog anymore.
I can hardly wait for Christmas!